Dohmann Helix 2 Turntable
The Helix Two incorporates the technological advances of the Helix One into a smaller footprint with a single tonearm facility and is engineered to deliver unparalleled performance in analog playback.
It is the result of many years of research, development, collaboration and listening by internationally acclaimed analogue designer Mark Döhmann. To create a new generation of turntables which raised performance to new levels, Mark had to look beyond the limited world of audio and what has come before.
Mark identified the specific challenges of designing a new benchmark turntable and then explored what technologies exist in the world that address these challenges. After investigating solutions used in aerospace, spectrometry, medical imaging and electron microscopy, Mark incorporated these technologies into a new turntable design.
Due to its fully integrated MinusK vibration isolation system utilizing NSM and mechanical crossover technology, its ability to deal with vibration and resonance is unsurpassed and allows the music to be enjoyed with an outstanding level of realism.
The Helix Two has a new custom designed Swiss-manufactured motor which incorporates the very latest technology around constant torque performance and quietness of operation. To the best of our knowledge, this is the first time a motor of such specification has been used in audio applications.
The design has made it possible to incorporate a level of engineering previously not possible at this price point and as a result, the Helix Two is considered to be outstanding value. The more compact dimensions and one box design allow it to be used in smaller spaces and standard sized stands.
Döhmann Audio understands that all listening environments are unique. The Helix One is designed to operate flawlessly in non-ideal environments such as older houses with wooden floors, upper floors, attics where external vibrations are carried through buildings – even those made from concrete, steel, and brick. Due to its revolutionary vibration isolation system, it is also not dependent on a high-quality audiophile stand.
The Helix Two incorporates the following technologies:
- State-of-the-art custom designed Swiss manufactured motor
- Micro Signal Architecture© (MSA)
- Negative Stiffness Mechanism Vibration Isolation (NSM)
- Mechanical Crossover Technology (MCT)
- Tri-Modal Platter system (TMP)
- Edge Damping Ring (EDR)
- Tone arm Damping System (TDS)
- Resonance Tuned Suspension (RTS)
- Diamond Like Coating Amorphous Material Bearing Friction Modifier (DLC)
- High Torque Adjustable Drive (HTAD)
- Facility for one tonearm
Tone Arm Mounting
The Helix Two turntable is capable of mounting one tone arm up to 12” (305mm).
The Helix Two is operated by two push buttons on the table surface for speed selection/on/off.
- 33 RPM
- 45 RPM
- 78 and other RPM’s are available by request
- Fully integrated Swiss manufactured high torque motor
- Dual belt platter drive designed to reduce static electricity and vibrations.
- MSA – Micro Signal Architecture©
- NSM – Negative Stiffness Mechanism Vibration Isolation
- 5 Hz (Fz) Vertical
- 5 Hz (Fz) Horizontal
- MCT – Mechanical Crossover Technology
- TMP – Tri-Modal Platter system
- EDR – Edge Damping Ring
- TDS – Tone arm Damping System
- RTS – Resonance Tuned Suspension
- DLC – Diamond Like Coating Amorphous Material Bearing Friction Modifier
- HTAD – High Torque Adjustable Drive
- 110-120 VAC, 50/60Hz 2A
- 220/240 VAC, 50/60 Hz 1A
Dimensions and Weight
Helix Two Turntable
Width 480mm x Depth 400mm x Height 200mm
Width 18.9 inches x Depth 15.8 inches x Height 7.9 inches
Combined shipping weight is 70Kg (155 pounds) in a custom road case.
Recommended installation requires a surface capable of supporting up to 60Kg (133 pounds).
Set-up assistance and complete service available worldwide through authorized dealer and representative network.